Recent Reviews from our Customers
Orlando’s Leading Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company
Our team of experts will commit to nothing less than the best work on your project and communicate with you every step of the way. When you’re looking for the best in asphalt shingle roofing, look to Home Pros Roofing and Contracting to have your back. To learn more about our asphalt roof services and your options, call Orlando’s reputable roofing company today at (407) 486-6484 to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
When it comes to asphalt shingles, there are three types to consider for your project: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and luxury asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab asphalt shingles are lightweight and energy-efficient shingles are the most common and easy to maintain and are named for the cutout form that gives them a distinct three-piece look. With proper care, three-tab shingles can last up to twenty years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
With a wider range of color options, dimension-adding laminated styles, and reflective versions to reduce summer cooling costs, architectural shingles are a great choice. For the longest-lasting shingles, and for the home where curb appeal matters most, you can enjoy the look and feel of these shingles for up to 50 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
For those who value both style and cost, luxury shingles are a worthwhile investment. Cost-effective premium versions of asphalt shingle roofing, the luxury style is designed to emulate high-end slate roofing with the benefit of costing only 1/10th.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability:Asphalt is the go-to answer for homeowners on a budget. With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank, especially with our financing options.
- Color Variety:From neutrals to statement colors, there are a variety of options to choose from. Based on your budget, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that emulates wood or slate.
- Simple Installation:Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and the most cost-effective. Should the job require it, new shingles can be installed on top of existing shingles with little difficulty. Asphalt shingles last a lifespan of up to 20 years with proper maintenance.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles are non-recyclable, due largely to the harmful emissions they release. As the shortest roof lifespan, asphalt shingles contribute a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather conditions can cause cracks and warping of some asphalt shingle types.